Thursday, June 4, 2009

Looking Back

My birthdays have never bothered me.  Getting older is just part of life and I am enjoying life more and more with each passing year.  35?  Bring it on!!  My little man turning 1 on the other hand was a whole different story.  I still can't believe my baby is a whole year old.  Sometimes I look at him and feel like he is looking less and less like a baby and more and more like a little boy.  Of course he still wants cuddles from Mom & Dad but he is getting more independent by the minute.  It makes my heart ache to know that one day he might not want to be rocked to sleep, one day he may not need an extra little snuggle when he has a fall, he will one day rather hang out with his friends than be here with us and he will one day move out on his own.  The rational side of me knows that most of these things are a LONG way off but part of me sees the big picture and can't help but feel like I need to hang onto these special moments as long as I can.  Just for today, I will enjoy the time I have with my new family and be thankful for my many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment