Saturday, May 16, 2009

Starting Small

Hmmm... Where to begin?  I was excited to start a blog and I took some time to organize the space and now I wonder why I did it.  I have always had issues with other people reading my writing... what am I getting myself into?
Bottom line...
With family living so far from us I think it will be a nice way to share our day to day lives, especially with the little man growing up and changing so much!  So for anyone stumbling across my little on-line world here's the short version:
I am 34 years old - Ouch! and married to the love of my life aka Marty.  We actually met and dated in high school, took separate paths that finally came back together again 11 years later. We got married September 1, 2007 and are pretty sure our little man was a wedding night baby! ;)
Everyone says how having a baby will change your life but it is hard to understand until you live it.  Until I had a baby I didn't know tired, I didn't know love, I didn't know fear, I didn't know joy.  I thought I knew, but a baby changes everything!  I am in utter disbelief that Mikayo is going to be 1 year old in just one short week!  What a year it has been!  Of course he will likely be the star of my little blog but a few other bits and pieces from the rest of my life might creep in.
What else? 
I am a teacher and plan to go back in September.  I love teaching and though it will tear me apart to be away from Mik, I am looking forward to going back to it.
If there is any time left in the day I love to scrapbook, read, & garden.  It's WAY too cold around here for a good part of the year so when the weather gets nice over the spring and summer I try to get outside for a walk, go to the park or spend some time out in the yard enjoying the sunshine.  TV calls to me too often, as does the laptop (Darn you Facebook!), but I do try to limit it.  
I guess that's about it for now... okay - that wasn't as painful as I thought it would be!  Now just to press the "Publish Post" button... (6 minutes later)...


No comments:

Post a Comment